Rest in Peace, Michael Jackson

mj
The King of Pop joined the ancestors today at age 50. One of the most groundbreaking artists to ever grace the stage, Michael Jackson was more than a musician he was a popular culture icon. I’m disgusted with the way the media has been denigrating his legacy by focusing their reports on his secluded and eccentric lifestyle. I must have heard the term “tortured soul” a dozen times in the past 2 hours of media coverage. It was media’s obsessive infatuation with Jackson that probably contributed to the heart failure that claimed his life this afternoon. That said, I just wanted to give a Michael Jackson a Blackademics farewell free of judgment and scrutiny. Since he was a little boy, MJ has inspired us with his dynamic personality, powerful voice, dynamic stage presence and dazzling dance moves. His legacy will live with us and our children for generations to come.

7 Comments to ‘Rest in Peace, Michael Jackson’:

Remember the Times
    Can You Feel It
    Whatever Happens
    I Want You Back

Wow.

2. Elijah on 25 Jun 2009 at 10:52 pm: 2

Legendary artist, innovater, musical cultivator, humanitarian, and BLACK MAN! RIP Michael Jackson…

3. Slim on 26 Jun 2009 at 9:39 am: 3

R.I.P Mike Jackson!

4. Olokun Olugbala on 26 Jun 2009 at 9:59 am: 4

Only the physical shell has left us, but the creative genius and spirit is still here with us. Pierce, I co-sign on all those records and would like to add three more,

Pretty Young Thang
    Butterflies
    Billy Jean

5. FJ on 26 Jun 2009 at 9:03 pm: 5

The one who started music itself,
    the one who brought all different types of music to soothe the ears of many,
    the one who served as a great idol to many,
    the one who was a valuable person in all aspects to many communities in the world,
    the one,
    the only,
    Michael Jackson,
    Rest in Peace my friend.

6. S. E. Joseph on 27 Jun 2009 at 1:08 pm: 6

I appreciate your criticism of the medias coverage of Michael Jackson, but to ignore the fact that he lived a life full of emotional and physical pain id only telling half the story. The fact that he was able to give us so much joy despite his pain puts him in a class by himself. Below is the URL to my thoughts about MJ.

7. Stimtech on 30 Aug 2009 at 1:43 pm: 7

Micheal Jackson, no matter how much his actions were a hot mess everything he did as far as music was hot . He was truly a dynamic artist.