First All Black, All Female Flight Crew in U.S. History.

DL5202.jpg
My sister forwarded me an interesting article about the “first” all female, all African American flight crew in United States history. Captain Rachelle Jones, first officer Stephanie Grant and flight attendants Diana Galloway and Robin Rogers made history on February 12th when their Atlanta-based Delta Connection carrier departed from Atlanta to Nashville, Tennessee. Delta Airlines, which has roughly 150 female pilots out of its 7,000, hailed the achievement as “the first scheduled commercial flight by a U.S.-based carrier with an all-female, African American crew.” “It seems fitting that this historic flight happened to take place during Black History month,” ASA President and COO Brad Holt said in a company press release. “Not only are these women gifted in their professions, but they set examples for young people across the country that with hard work, passion and determination, the sky is the limit.” Though I doubt that this achievement simply “happened ” to occur during Black History month (this sounds more like a pre-meditated publicity opportunity for Delta Airlines) I am proud of these sisters, nonetheless. Read more here.

9 Comments to ‘First All Black, All Female Flight Crew in U.S. History.’:

1. ashonate mcelveen on 21 Mar 2009 at 9:58 am: 1

great job

2. Deb Dugan on 30 Mar 2009 at 9:20 am: 2

It is certainly a historical moment. I offered the person who sent me this story a free drink if she could tell me if/when there has been an all white all female american crew.

3. Genora Moses on 31 Aug 2011 at 9:15 pm: 3

Praise the Lord!!

4. Pat Patterson on 15 Sep 2011 at 8:31 am: 4

AWESOME!!! You all are correct, “hard work & dedication” does pay off. But so does GOD!!
    Praise God!

5. Hyacinth Williams on 16 Sep 2011 at 8:06 am: 5

As an older woman who has come a long way in life, I never, ever under estimate the limits of a woman. I believe that with hard work and determination, you can be what ever you can be. I remember being on a flight when Harricane Katrina was over the Caribbean and the captian was a woman.The flight was rough but I had confident in her that we would land safely. So I applaud you and salute your success. “Hard work pays off!” BE blessed.

6. Rubye on 16 Sep 2011 at 5:16 pm: 6

This is truly WONDERFUL, AMAZING, AND SO BEAUTIFUL. It is certainly true that hard work DOES PAY OFF and Congratulations to each of these lovely ladies and wish for them continued success in all their endeavors. GOD BLESS THEM and MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS AMERICA. Hopes that someday all racial prejudices can be eliminated and all men and women can achieve the American Dream. Rubye

7. gene caldwell on 29 Sep 2011 at 5:49 am: 7

Wow! I hope to fly the skies with you ladies in the very near future and would definately be proud be your passenger. God bless you all.

Gene caldwell (Honolulu Hawaii)

8. Norma Montgomery on 11 Oct 2011 at 11:03 pm: 8

Thank God for all of your accomplishments. I am so proud of the four of you, but I honestly believe that God is elated because of the life He gave you. May each of you thank and praise Him every time you take to the skies knowing He is your guide and protector.

9. Anonymous on 13 Oct 2011 at 4:36 pm: 9

I love this!!! Posted this pic on my FB page. Very, very proud moment.